1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry onion until it softens, add the garlic and continue cooking on a lower heat for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Place the onion and garlic, chickpeas, curry paste, flour and coriander into a food processor and blitz until the mixture is smooth. Alternatively, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
3. Divide mixture into 12 small balls the size of a golf ball, flatten slightly.
4. Fry the falafel in the remaining oil for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
5. Serve in toasted pitta bread with tomato salsa and green salad.
Try adding fresh chilli and your favourite spices to the chickpea mixture.
Try serving with Tzatziki.