To get the most out of TheBabyWebsite.com you'll need to login. Login Now
If you don't yet have an account, why not signup. Register Today!
Login | Register
1) Pre-heat oven to 190°C, gas 5
2) Line your chosen tins
3) Whisk the eggs, sour cream and vanilla essence (if using) together until blended set aside
4) Melt butter and cool slightly, blend in the mixing bowl with the oil, then add the chilled water
5) Add all the remaining dry ingredients into a large bowl, mix lightly with a fork to distribute the baking powder, salt and bicarb evenly.
6) Pour the whole lot into the oil and butter mix on a slow setting
7) Mix until smooth then, add the egg and sour cream mix
8) Pour into tins and bake for approx 1h15mins after 45mins turn the oven down to 170°C trust your judgment with your own oven you know how it works best, so these oven instructions are a guide only.
9) Take out, cool in tin for 20mins and tip onto cooling rack.
10) When the cake has completely cooled you can start to make the icing. Cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, add the chocolate and spread over cake
This recipe makes a whopper of a cake! Perfect for treating your mum on Mother's Day
Visit my website for more great recipe ideas! http://www.katherinefrelon.com/
To download more activities from The Baby Website sign up to our premium membership.
At 40 weeks, your baby is about the size of a watermelon