TheBabyWebsite.com collects information from you each time you email us with your details and through login/registration forms. We monitor site usage and traffic patterns to build user profiles and help us improve and develop our Website, and improve the products and services for you and other TheBabyWebsite.com customers. TheBabyWebsite.com may collect information from you which will be used for purposes such as improving its range of products and services for customers and marketing. This use of your information will be kept to a minimum.
The way we at TheBabyWebsite use these codes is:
1. If you ‘log in’ to our site, it carries-over the fact that you are already logged in to other pages in our site. For example, if you logged in to post on our forum, but then wanted to enter a competition straight afterward, your original login status will be communicated to the next page as you move around the site. This is known as a ‘session’ and it has a unique id code. It only lasts for a short while and as soon as it expires our site no longer recognises you as being logged-in.
2. Tracking: We use a small piece of code to allow Google Analytics to track how many people visit our site, how long they stay on our site and which pages they visit whilst on our site. This is to allow us to see which pages are most popular and which ones need to be improved. It also allows us to see how each user gets to our site (from a search engine, from another site or directly, by typing in our web address).
3. Some of the adverts you may see on our site are ‘affiliate adverts’ which allow the retailer to see which site referred a customer to them. This allows the retailer to see that a customer was referred to them from TheBabyWebsite and then a small commission payment is made in return. These are what are classed as ‘Third Party Cookies’
If you would like to know a little more about cookies, or would like to know how to have more control over them, go to www.allaboutcookies.org .
The details which you have provided to TheBabyWebsite.com and information that you may be requested to provide on this Website may be disclosed by TheBabyWebsite.com to companies that we know and work directly with, and that we believe may be able to provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
In the event that TheBabyWebsite.com is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers' advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
TheBabyWebsite.com uses personal data to keep you up to date with valuable information such as offers, services, system changes and also information for our Website services and by supplying your different contact details (telephone, email, postal address) you agree to being contacted by any of those methods of communication.
TheBabyWebsite.com , or other companies providing us with prizes or products may also want to send you other information about products and services which may be of interest to you by letter or email. If you do not wish to receive this information please write to membership [at] TheBabyWebsite.com
(substitute @ for [at])
If you would like us to access, correct or delete any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Policy please contact us directly.
By accepting these terms and conditions in the manner set out above you consent to the use (including processing and storage), transfer and disclosure of your personal information referred to in this page for the purposes set out in this section.
It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your username and other log-on passwords allocated to you by TheBabyWebsite.com.
Password And Usernames
Password and Usernames (which shall include without limitation, all passwords, log-on username) are for the exclusive and non-transferable use by you only and must be treated as confidential and personal to you and in any event TheBabyWebsite.com may withdraw your use of Passwords and Usernames. In the event that you become aware of, or have any cause to believe that any Password or Username has become known to any person or organisation other than yourself, you must immediately notify TheBabyWebsite.com by email.
TheBabyWebsite.com may withdraw a Password and Username and, at its sole discretion, TheBabyWebsite.com may allocate a new Password and Username to you where TheBabyWebsite.com has reason to believe such a Password or Username has been discovered and/or used by any person or organisation other than yourself provided that, in TheBabyWebsite.com’s sole opinion you have not caused or contributed to such breach of security.
You are responsible for all actions incurred for use of the Website or Content when access to the Website or Content is obtained through the use of your Password or Username whether authorised or unauthorised.
Mis-Use Of The Site
You agree not to use or to permit another to use the Website in any way (including without limitation posting Content) which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing or which breaches any intellectual property rights or obligation of confidence or which is otherwise illegal or unlawful; or
to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any other person which is in violation of any applicable law or regulation (in any jurisdiction in the world) having the force of law; or
to introduce a virus or other disruptive program; or
breach of these terms and conditions.
Without prejudice to its other rights, TheBabyWebsite.com reserves the right to suspend the provision of the Website or Content and/or to block or remove any e-mails or other postings, Content, or similar, if TheBabyWebsite.com has reason to believe that this particular clause has not been complied with, that you or any other user is likely to not comply with it or any third party has cause to believe or complain of the same.
TheBabyWebsite.com Competition Rules
1. Competitions can be entered by registered members only.
2. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
3. Competitions are free to enter and are open to thebabywebsite.com members over 18 years of age who are UK residents only (overseas players are not eligible).
4. The deadline for receiving entries will be included in the competition details. Competitions must be entered via the relevant page on the www.thebabywebsite.com site. Results will be announced by email and posted on our Winners page.
5. Prizewinners must supply thebabywebsite.com with their correct postal address by keeping their member details up-to-date in order for their prizes to be sent to the correct address.
6. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
7. There will be no cash alternatives. Competition prizes may be replaced by a similar prize of equal or greater value by the prize provider if deemed necessary.
8. Players must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
9. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of TheBabyWebsite.com . or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation, sponsorship or running of the competition, or their direct family members.
10. The Editor's decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. TheBabyWebsite.com . reserve the right to cancel any competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of our control.
12. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted TheBabyWebsite.com's Terms and Conditions and TheBabyWebsite.com Competition Rules and agree to be bound by them when entering competitions.
13. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
14. TheBabyWebsite.com competitions are promotions for and on behalf of 3rd party prize providers. Any prizes won will be sent directly by the prize provider. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of any prizes won. TheBabyWebsite.com will assist where necessary when prizes have not been delivered within the specified 28 days.
You shall fully indemnify TheBabyWebsite.com from and against all liabilities, demands, losses, costs, damages and actual expenses (including legal fees) suffered or incurred by, or awarded against TheBabyWebsite.com in consequence of, or arising out of any of your actions that are inconsistent with, or are in breach of, your obligations under these terms and conditions, including but not limited to any relevant national or international laws or regulations, or arising out of your gross negligence, any claim of defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, invasion of privacy or any allegation thereof or infringement or alleged infringement of copyright, trade mark, moral right or patent or of obligations of confidence or any other claims anywhere in the world brought by third parties or any failure by you to meet any third party obligations.
Rules covering forums and member content.
TheBabyWebsite.com offers you a friendly environment which is intended to offer parents and parents-to-be the opportunity to find and offer friendship and support as well as to be able to share stories and experiences. We would like to make sure that TheBabyWebsite.com remains friendly, supportive and most of all, good fun for everyone. These rules apply to your use of TheBabyWebsite.com's forums primarily, but also apply to some member content areas such as birth stories, galleries and baby diaries.
The rules are generally about common sense and courtesy, but to make sure that everyone enjoys the features in a safe, enjoyable and positive way, we ask you all to respect them accordingly.
All members are responsible for the safety of their own personal information. We recommend that members do not reveal their name, address, email address, telephone number or other personal information online. None of our employees or forum moderators will ever request such details online.
If you ever plan to meet another member in person, please observe some precautions:
• Get a friend to accompany you.
• Always inform a person you trust of your movements, when, where and who are you meeting.
• Always meet people you don't know in a public place of your choosing.
All members need to be aware that if they submit an image to TheBabyWebsite.com and it is accepted for publishing, then it is visible to the entire global internet community. Our site can be viewed by virtually anyone, anywhere in the world with a PC and an internet connection.
Any image that can be displayed on a computer screen has the potential to be downloaded and saved by the person viewing it.
It is not possible for TheBabyWebsite.com or indeed any website to entirely prevent this from happening, so if you are worried about someone else viewing or saving your images then you should not submit them. If you suspect that an image you have submitted to TheBabyWebsite.com has been used in an inappropriate manner then you should contact us immediately.
All images uploaded to TheBabyWebsite.com will have a watermark embedded in them, containg your username and 'TheBabyWebsite.com'
This does not prevent anyone viewing or saving the image, but does help you and us to keep track of which images are being used and where.
Legal & Disclaimer
All members are reminded that they may be held legally accountable for what they say or do online. In particular, members may be held liable for any defamatory comments, threats and untrue statements or other illegal and fraudulent claims made by them.
Unfortunately, TheBabyWebsite.com cannot guarantee prompt editing or removal of any content. Neither TheBabyWebsite.com nor any of our subcontractors are liable for the content of any material accessed via the internet, any inappropriate use of any information placed by a member anywhere on the internet, or any loss or damage that a member may suffer as a result.
We do not endorse opinions expressed by members of TheBabyWebsite.com on its discussion forums, or anywhere on the site where members can add their own content.
TheBabyWebsite.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any material from its forums and member content areas at any time.
TheBabyWebsite.com forums and member content areas consist of information posted by third parties. As a result, we accept no liability with respect to the accuracy or truthfulness of any advice, information or data posted online or any responsibility for the consequences of a member relying on such information.
To the extent permissible by law, TheBabyWebsite.com limited assumes no responsibility for information published on this site and disclaims all liability in respect of such information.
TheBabyWebsite.com limited is not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any actual or alleged libellous statements, infringements of intellectual property or privacy rights, or product liability, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, including without limitation, from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the material published on the site. TheBabyWebsite.com limited does not warrant that the information published on the site is accurate or free from error. Information published within the site is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information. The information is not intended to be nor is it to be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical condition or question. ALWAYS seek the advice of your doctor for any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You agree to accept the application of English law to govern matters between TheBabyWebsite.com limited and yourself.
Protecting other TheBabyWebsite.com members
TheBabyWebsite.com also reserves the right to disclose a member's personal information where required to do so by law and where we deem it appropriate in response to complaints of a substantial nature.
Use of our discussion forums and member areas will be taken as acceptance of these rules. Please note that any contravention of these rules will lead to the removal of your message and/or content.
If you find any messages breaking these rules, please let us know.
Unless stated otherwise, all the articles on our site are copyright of TheBabyWebsite.com limited.
Enjoy your visit!
To download more activities from The Baby Website sign up to our premium membership.Sign Up