All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anxietyy /Panic Attacks
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 00:00 
Silver Member
Silver Member

for years now ive suffered from them but the last few weeks theyve got worse. I feel like im choking, its really scary. Ive had it at night and whilst eating which is scary.

But recently Ive had them bad during driving lessons, to the point ive had to stop the car and get out. Ive got my driving test in a month so cant be continuing like this. Does anyone know of anything I can do / take to try to prrevent these panic attacks?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 00:00 
Silver Member
Silver Member

lilacgems23 wrote:
for years now ive suffered from them but the last few weeks theyve got worse. I feel like im choking, its really scary. Ive had it at night and whilst eating which is scary.

But recently Ive had them bad during driving lessons, to the point ive had to stop the car and get out for a few mins. Then when I get back in and start driving it starts again.

Ive got my driving test in a month so cant be continuing like this. Does anyone know of anything I can do / take to try to prrevent these panic attacks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 09:08 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Awww (((Hugs))) hun

So sorry about your attacks. Unfortunately I can't offer you advise on what to take because I have never suffered with such thing. I just didn't want to read and run.

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? I am sure he/she will be able to help.

It must be so scary for you when you have an attack so I really do hope you get it sorted out.

If you go ahead with your driving test good luck hunni and I hope you get your big 'P' plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 11:14 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I need to go ahead with my test, ive been driving for a year. my last instructor took me for a ride and conned me for 7 months, in that time id only done 2 manouvres! So Ive worked damn hard since changing instructors.

It is really scary especially when driving as im in control of the car

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 11:29 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hiya Hun,

My sister has been suffering from Panic Attacks since my mum died last year, she avoided going out anywhere. We were in Holland and Barrat as I was getting some Dairy Free stuff and I told her to ask the woman about her Panic Attacks. The woman recommended St Johns Wort.

She takes 3 a day and after about a week she noticed a Huge difference. She's like a different person, honestly these are Great!

They are quite expensive but Holland and Barrat always have them in the sale so keep an eye out for them.

Got to be worth a try!

Hope this helps....good luck with the driving! xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 12:59 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hey hun

Sounds like you're getting quite stressed with the driving stuff. Logansmummy is right st Johns Wort will help but I would reccomend trying to find out what is causing them or finding a way to stop them when you feel one coming on.

There is a lot of good literature on self help of panic attacks and educational stuff on why they happen. PM me if you want a chat about them and I can try therapy via email!!

I should say that panic attacks and anxiety are my forte. I have been working with them for years!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 17:05 
Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks will pop to my local health shop tomorrow and see if they sell it, dont have a holland and barrett here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 17:07 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ive tried to stop them coming on but I cant, ive tried breathing techniques etc but it doesnt work. A lot of time I bring them on myself by thinking Im going to ahve one, if that makes sense? I know it sounds silly but I cant stop myself from thinking it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 20:15 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Makes perfect sense hun and is the most common reason for panic attacks with the worry that you'll have another one. Key thing at this point is not to avoid what you think is causing it because that leads down a downward spiral....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008 23:08 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Delirium is the one to talk to...most deffo!!!!

also i suffer from panic attacks and anxiety but seem to be able to control it now
i suffered from pnd since havin alice may
i found breathing helps when the attacks happen...but i cannot prevent them
but over time they have decreased

someone in nmy pnd support group mentioned last week they are trying i think its called Baches herbal remedy..supposed to calm u down
worth a shot!!
good luck babes i know how u feel its flippin' awfulxx
love louxxx