All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Co Sleeping
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008 20:26 
Silver Member
Silver Member

How many of us co sleep?

I've tried a number of different ways, including the arms reach co sleeper, but the best I've found is the cosatto Olivia cot. Jacob always starts the night in there and ends up in between DH and I. I find it very difficult to sleep without him next to me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008 20:30 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I started off with Freddy co sleeping in the bednest but found that when he was about 3 months old he became very unsettled next to me and actually prefered being in a cot.
He's obviously a 'keep out of my space' kind of guy

I didn't co sleep with any of the others but wish I had have done now.Its such a lovely feeling having your baby sleeping with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008 20:31 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ive never co slept as such
although when alice may was smaller and very poorly and in and out of hossie i did pop her in with us for a few months
couldnt sleep though in case i rolled on her
dont wanna sound cruel but im a big lady and would have squashed her with my bosums!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008 19:35 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

We do! We start off the evening with both girls in their own rooms (well, Anya's still in her cot in our room), then by about midnight we're all in the same bed together! :D I know what you mean about it seeming strange when they're not there. When I go up to bed, I always leave a space for Anya, even if she's fast asleep in her cot! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008 22:08 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Co-Sleeper ~~ thats me! much to my familys annoyance! hehehe but he's not there son so tough luck on what they say :lol:
started when he was abt 3/4 weeks old, he would choke/stop breathing for a few mins and i would wake up sencing there was something wrong, but i always put him back in his crib, then i figured out how to lie down feed, and that was us,,, 1st i would doze off and wake when he unlatched and put him back in his crib, moved to id wake a few hours later, after the 1st week of panicking that id squash him, and realise that a mother always knows, i used to wake if he moved a finger, no joke!
since then ive had about an inch of bed space out of a double bed :lol: wouldnt have it any other way though

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008 18:46 
Silver Member
Silver Member

lolalemonpop wrote:
since then ive had about an inch of bed space out of a double bed :lol: wouldnt have it any other way though

I know the feeling....Jacob likes to spread out sometimes and I have been known to wake up in the cot, he always looks so content though that I really don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008 21:49 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I started off co-sleeping as it was easier as ellie fed so often, id stick her on and wed both go back to sleep lol.

But when she got to about 8 wks and wasnt feeding as often, just once in the night I put her ina crib right next to the bed

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 19:44 

i have the arms reach co sleeper.
i love it.
i co sleep and think were born to sleep with our babies close.
x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 19:54 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I co-slept for the first 10-11 wks of ellie-maries life as i bf so was easier. I actually liked/like having ellie in bed cuddling her

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 20:08 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I co-slept with Lucas with the aid of the BedNest, until he was too big for it at about 4 months. It was so much easier for b/f etc. Then he went into his cot but it was pulled up right next to the bed so he didn't feel too detatched from me during the night. I will be doing the same with the new baby.