As most of you will know, Liam has a number of allergies including a serious egg allergy- he went into anaphylactic shock last year due to having one bite of a saveloy. His school have always been aware of this, and the nursery and reception staff were always very supportive. Its in his school medical records too- I have a yearly meeting with school nurse to update things. Yesterday he had made a cupcake in school- I didnt let him eat it and gave him a rice crispie cake at home instead. Today, half his class had taken in hard boiled eggs for easter, to decorate. I spoke to his teacher who said she knew nothing about it and hadnt told kids to bring in. When asked about the cake, she seemed totally unaware he shouldnt have them!Ive kept Liam off school today as dont want him to become ill. Not sure what to do next
I said I wouldnt mind keeping him off in order for the rest of the class to do things with eggs, just tell me first!