All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Aaaargh!
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010 21:52 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have stupidly thick hair, so much so, that I have always kept it short. However, as there seems to be some unexpected expense or another all the time, a hair cut isn't so high on the list of priorities!

It's long enough for me to tie back, something I have not had hair long enough for since I was 16.

Although, it looks nice enough and it is a lot easier to manage as I only have to wash and style it every other day, instead of every single day, there is just too much of it for my liking! Granted, it is easier to manage, style, and generally look after, it just does my head in as there is so much of it.

Geoff seems to like it longer as he is is running his fingers through my hair so much more than he used to, but I don't like it. Or maybe, I'm not used to having long hair, I'm not quite sure which as yet, I just know that my hair feels 'wrong'.

Anyway, I'm stuck with my horse hair until Christmas at least, as August is our families' birthday month, (there's 5 birthday's including, mine, Geoff's and Oscar's), and this flat is a money pit, so that's where all our money is going until we move!

Again, no real point to this thread.............I'm just having an 'aaaaargh moment' with my hair! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Aaaargh!
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 00:27 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I had really long hair until i had my 1st child which is when i decided on a change and had it cut short. It felt horrible for ages. We have a college in Nottingham where students cut your hair under supervision for a lot cheaper than the hair dressers, so if you dont mind it taking alittle longer to be cut it may be worth phoning around to see if anywhere around you does it. Hope you get used to it soon x

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 07:26 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

I grew my hair due to getting it cut costing too much. But now I just get a wet cut and come home re-wash and dry it myself.

I go to a salon that is popular with older people, not a huge fancy salon, just your average 'granny' salon, but there is a whole load of young stylists working there and they do a fab job for £6.50!!!! Ok it might not be the trendiest salon in Strathaven, but it's the cheapest and it does me fine!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 12:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jaidynsmum wrote:
I grew my hair due to getting it cut costing too much. But now I just get a wet cut and come home re-wash and dry it myself.

I go to a salon that is popular with older people, not a huge fancy salon, just your average 'granny' salon, but there is a whole load of young stylists working there and they do a fab job for £6.50!!!! Ok it might not be the trendiest salon in Strathaven, but it's the cheapest and it does me fine!

Yvonne > [smilie=wheelchair.gif] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like you, I think I am going to continue to grow it, especially now with Oscar not taking naps anymore. It's just a lot easier to be able to just tie it back and forget about it, than wash, dry and style it every day. I'm not too keen on getting a 'granny' cut (sorry Yvonne :lol: ) so I'll just save my pennies and wait until Christmas to have it cut, re-shaped and styled then. :D

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 15:59 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i had long hair for a long while untill i had matthew so i decided to cut it short but not realisin it took me longer to style :lol: :lol: then i grew my hair again untill i had thomas cut it all off and now i am growing i again as i dont have hardly any time now with 2 kids :cry:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 17:00 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Mine's always been below shoulder length. I had it cut to just below my shoulder after having Lucas, but that's the shortest it's ever been. My hair is quite thin though so it doesn't get on my nerves. In fact, I'd love thicker hair (fancy giving me some of yours Sel? :lol: ).

I ALWAYS like to be able to tie it back though. I couldn't stand having it so it fell in my face while I was doing stuff around the house! That would be GUARANTEED to do my head in! [smilie=2guns.gif]

You'll probably find you'll get used to it as time goes on.

And as for Geoff liking it longer.... I have found that most men like longer hair on women. Think it must be an in-built thing :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 22:45 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BlondeLou wrote:
Mine's always been below shoulder length. I had it cut to just below my shoulder after having Lucas, but that's the shortest it's ever been. My hair is quite thin though so it doesn't get on my nerves. In fact, I'd love thicker hair (fancy giving me some of yours Sel? :lol: ).

I ALWAYS like to be able to tie it back though. I couldn't stand having it so it fell in my face while I was doing stuff around the house! That would be GUARANTEED to do my head in! [smilie=2guns.gif]

You'll probably find you'll get used to it as time goes on.

And as for Geoff liking it longer.... I have found that most men like longer hair on women. Think it must be an in-built thing :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010 23:21 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

shell_b - which college is it? I live in Nottingham too and currently get my hair cut about every 6 months (how embarrassing!) It's just so flipping expensive :roll:

I have to be able to tie my hair back too, it drives me nuts having it flopping round my face all the time. My hubby likes my hair long too :wink:

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2010 22:59 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Mines always been just below my shoulder, It starts to annoy me If I let it grow anymore. I need to be able to tie it back for quickness to when Im working or if Lewis is in an inpatient mood lol :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2010 18:07 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have noticed that it is much easier to manage than when I had shorter hair. I don't have to style it hardly at all, as it just sits quite nice naturally, so I only really have to straighten my fringe. Admittedly, it is nice to be able to tie it back though, especially when doing chore like hoovering and cleaning the bathroom! I think I'm slowly getting used to it now.

You're quite welcome to my silly thick hair Lou! In fact, I'll give you half of mine to thicken your locks, and you can go crazy with some weird and wonderful 'badger' look! :lol: