All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 18:03 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Iv decided today that i want to stop wearing make-up! I dont want Lacey growing up watching me doing it and thinking she has too! Basically its a self-confidence thing and the fact iv put it on basically everyday for about 10 years! Does anyone recommend a good beauty product that will help my skin look more bright and radiant?? I have a very pale complexion so would like to use a tinted moisturiser or something?? Any help would be brill xxx

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 19:25 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Laceys-Mummy wrote:
Iv decided today that i want to stop wearing make-up! I dont want Lacey growing up watching me doing it and thinking she has too! Basically its a self-confidence thing and the fact iv put it on basically everyday for about 10 years! Does anyone recommend a good beauty product that will help my skin look more bright and radiant?? I have a very pale complexion so would like to use a tinted moisturiser or something?? Any help would be brill xxx

al natural is the best thing for ur skin no nothing hunni just let them pores freshen up i dont wear makeup if am not going ne were special u feel great for it :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 22:28 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good on you!

I've recently gone out of the house a few times on long walks with Oscar without wearing make up and find it quite liberating! Luckily, I have very good skin and a lot of people have told me that they didn't even notice I wasn't wearing any!

Aloe vera gel and drinking lots of water, is the absolute best thing to keep your skin looking fresh, radiant, healthy and hydrated! That is advice I swear by! Stay away from salty foods and use a good moisturiser over the aloe vera gel in the hot summer months to keep your skin looking it's best. :D

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 07:24 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'm defp gonna use this aloe vera gel nest time i'm in town that's the first thing i'm buying.

I also have very pail skin and tend to put some blusher on just to Brighton my face. all depends as you said on your confidants I ware mascara every day unless i'm having a cant be bothered day because I have big eyes and when I'm not wearing any they look like boggle eyes but I suppose that's how I feel might not be the case though lol

I hope you find the confidence not to ware anything let us know how you get on and how your feelings are.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 10:42 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Hope you find the moisturiser you want - I can't help. I don't wear make-up, I love getting up and not sitting in front of the mirror before I feel ready to go out.
It is nice to use a little mascara and lippy on a night out though.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 10:56 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

I dont use much either. My face is very pale, although I have quite sallow skin on my arms :? I take a fabby tan, but in Scotland that doesn't happen much hehehehe
If i am really pale, I use a couple of stripes of Benefit BENETINT. Gives my wee cheeks a nice pink glow. If I am going out somewhere special, I will use foundation ( at the mo Benefit hello flawless), some High beam under my eyes to hide the bags, and some mascara.
I agree with Sel tho, drink lots of water and your skin should be nice and clear. I just use Tesco face wipes on mine - 99p a pack cant beat it hehehehehehe
xx

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2010 13:49 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Recently I've been having really bad reactions to lots of different skin/eye creams and even make-up so this has meant I've HAD to stop wearing it most of the time. I will not go out though without mascara. No way! Am drinking loads more water too!

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010 08:01 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Elijah & Rheiya wear more make up than me! God I still have my wedding make-uo and considering I got married 15 years ago that shows you how often I plaster my face with anything :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010 22:36 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jaidynsmum wrote:
Elijah & Rheiya wear more make up than me! God I still have my wedding make-uo and considering I got married 15 years ago that shows you how often I plaster my face with anything :lol:

In that case, Yvonne, you distinctly do not lack confidence!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010 20:44 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I never leave the house without it, even if it's a bit of moisturiser, bronzer & mascara. I couldn't do bare faced. My skin is quite oily & I still get the odd spot, plus i'm like a milk bottle, so I have to put something on to stop looking like a ghost! :lol: