All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 11:07 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

I have a nice new shiny phone that does everything bar calls and texts. Bought it online to use my Orange phone fund and keep the same number. Arrived on Thursday activated sim card online and gave it 24 hours. Nada, nothing, old sim in old phone still worked (with the new credit added that I bought). New phone saying out of service, provider unknown, phone number unknown. Gave it another 24 hours as I wasn't too bothered due to the old phone still working. Contacted customer services on the Saturday to be told the phone is registered to Peter! Now tell me how the hell that can be when I bought the original sim (after pathetic vodafone coverage) and set up the account, I bought the new phone using MY account and MY debit card, invoice for phone has MY name on it, yet phone is registered to my ruddy husband?!!!!!! They couldn't help without speaking to Peter, who was at work. Tried that night and was on hold for 15 minutes so thought sod that! Phoned on Sunday, managed to get my name added as a third party onto my own friggin' phone account as they couldn't change the registered owner! Anyway nice wee bloke called 'Ethan' from Delhi (or wherever) said it could all be fixed and my new phone would be up and running within 24 hours. Turned on old phone on Saturday night, invalid sim, so I thought great that means new sim is activated, WRONG, still not activated. Gave it the full 24 hours and still nothing. So now I had 2 phones and neither of them could call or text! Headed to the Orange shop yesterday, had to buy a new sim card and put £5 credit on it Claire tapped away at her computer and said it would be done within 2 hours. 2 hours later, turned on phone and it says NO SIM CARD. Double checked there was one in there (even after witnessing her put it in!) and headed back to the shop. This time Colin took it out checked on their system, number is connected to the sim, put his own sim in my phone and it was fine, so not the phone that's the problem, put my sim in his phone and he gets the same message. Tells me to wait an hour and turn it on, if nothing wait 30 minutes, if nothing wait 15, if nothing phone back. Well yes you guessed it I had to phone back and someone else told me it can take up to 24 hours and a few people had been in with sim transfer problems.
So I am sat here waiting until midday to see if anything will magically happen, but I can bet my life on it that it won't! The sim card must be faulty as neither of my phones is registering that there's one there! So I have a feeling I will be back in the shop demanding a new sim, with a new number as I can't be arsed with all the hassle anymore and I will be demanding that they add £15 worth of credit to it and I am not paying a single penny. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Well done if you managed to read all that :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 11:19 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Am exhausted after reading all that :? !!
Mobile phone problems / talking to mobile phone companies/interacting with non-UK call centres all in one day? Guaranteed to make my blood pressure rise. I could feel my blood slowly starting to boil just reading your post! :evil:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 13:18 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Still no phone! Phoned the store and spoke to the Claire, who contacted customer services for me and called me back. Apparently there is a block on my phone and it is STILL registered in Peter's name with my name nowhere on the account!!!!! What the hell did 'Ethan' from ruddy Delhi do?!!!! Phone can't be unblocked until they speak to the registered owner, but Claire is changing that to me, so why did 'Ethan' say it couldn't be done if the flippin' woman in East Kilbride can do it from her ruddy store computer?!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!! So in 15 minutes I will attempt to phone customer services and try and get my phone unblocked so that I can ruddy well use it!!!! Thank God I have the freephone number otherwise it would cost a small fortune to call them!!
I shall keep you posted!!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 13:47 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Good luck, I hope they get it sorted this time, sounds like a right carry on! :roll:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 13:50 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Spoke to someone in, wait for it, THE UK!!!! She unblocked my phone, but the damn thing still says please insert sim, so she is sending me out a new sim card and putting £10 on my account as a goodwill gesture since I've had all this hassle. Now hopefully when I activate the new sim all should be in working order. If it's not I'll throw this ruddy San Francisco II out the god damn window!!!!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012 16:39 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Oh no not another new number for you - I cant keep up with the amount of texts I get saying "I've a new number" :lol: :lol: Never know which one to use teehee.
At least not snowing so no texts about kids getting stuck at school :lol: :lol:
Hope you get it sorted out soon chick
xx

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012 19:11 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Wow what a post lol :lol:

Sounds like a right flipping carry on! Hope u get it sorted soon!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 19:05 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Don;t worry Fi, the number will stay the same as I have a load of credit on that ruddy number!!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 19:24 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Dare I ask if it's working yet?????

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 12:40 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

NO!! Still waiting on new sim, hopefully postie will bring it today, I need it to annoy people while I'm sat waiting for Rheiya & her pal to come out of the One Direction concert :lol: