in oct 2009 i had my little girl by emergancy c-section after 50hours of labour as she was getting distressed, and also i didnt dilate more thank 6cm as she just wasnt coming out! but after 50 hours when they were talking me through the info about it i wasnt really with it, as you can probably imagine! so im just wondering what are the chances that if i get pregnant again im going to have to have another section? is a natural birth harder after a section? what are the chnces of a vbac? can anyone who this has happened to give me any info on what my options will be?
Hiya, I had an elective c-section last time as my little boy was breech and wouldnt turn. I am pregnant again & due in 2 months and I had to see a consultant at 15ish weeks to discuss what will happen this time. I was told I could have what I want, vbac or c-sect. They give you a little info sheet with the stats and stuff but they say that the chances of a natural birth are the same as with ur first one (ie - 75% chance of natural). If you try for a vbac they will heavily monitor you all the way through and you must be progressing well all the way through otherwise they will go to c-sect (in consultants words they wont leave me in the waiting room for hours without any progress!) you cannot be induced as it increases the risk of the scar rupturing so they will do a c-sect if bubba not come by a certain date... I think thats about all.... I see the consultant again at 35 weeks and let them know then what I decide what I want to do! Hope this helps! xx
Hi, i had a emergancy c after my son doing a superman and getting stuck (he stuck his arm above his head) and went on to have 2 nateral births after. I personally think that nateral are alot less painful and more quicker to recover from than a c section and thats having no pain relief with either of my daughters births except gas and air. I personally take my hat off to anybody who has to have a c section when they have an other child to run around after as the pain is there for weeks after.. I never have been told that i would not be able to be inducted if i go over dates, but with having two premies and one a day before 37 weeks i guess they assume the chances of going over are slim
Joined: 29 Jun 2009 21:36 Posts: 8359 Location: South Shields - North East
My sister also had an emergency c section after she had a long labour and her little one was also very distressed. She asked what would happen in the future if she was to have another baby what the procedure would be, they says that they encourage natural births (providing all is well with mother and baby) so will always give the mother that decision.