here is mine
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/home.fiffes.htm
It is a bit of a horror story - so don't read if currently pregnant :lol:
It is very long - sorry, but it was a very long nasty labour hehehe
xx

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010 07:50 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Vote of confidence for Wishaw then Fi!!! All I can say is things have changed since July 2006 there! My waters broke, I was straight in and stayed put!!
I'd take my chance heading into Glasgow and the Princess Royal next time!!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010 08:22 

I had my 1st LO in Cyprus. They are old fashioned out there, no choice of what you want, unless you've got a lot of money.

My contractions started on a Sunday night, managed to sleep a bit. Then Monday they blew into full swing. I went into hospital around 10am, put on a monitor machine, had a check down there and was tiold I was only 1cm dialated, so they sent me home. When I got home, I was in more pain, contractions were lit mins apart, so I was taken back in at about 1pm, to be told i was 2.5cm apart. I asked for pain relief, they said I couldn't have epidural, as I was passed the 2cm mark.

I was carted into a pre-labor ward, where everyone had family around them and I was left on my own. Each time a contraction hit, I would cry and everyone gave me horrible looks. I stayed there for 2hrs and by that time, I was a complete state. They took me into another room, where I was to spent the rest of the evening and early morning, on my own. The midwife came in, only when my contractions hit, I had no one in there, I was really uncomfortable. Each time the Dr would examine me, it felt like a butchers knife was being rammed up my........... :(

By the time morning came, I was a wreck. Two nurses stripped me down naked and made me shower, washing me down, that was very degrading for me to experience. After my next examination, I was 6cm's dialated, so they decided to break my waters and assured me it would speed up the process. It did neither of that, first of all, I had to be pinned down, as the pain was excrutiating for me, it took them about 5 mins to break my waters, the contractions still stayed about 10 mins apart by this time but more painful than before. I begged the nurses to give me a C section, I couldn't take it but they told me I'd be ok. Even when I passed out from the pain, twice, all they gave me was a panadol :evil:

It wasn't till 11am, that they carted me off to the labor ward, made me walk up and down the corridoor, said it would help. Again, totally on my own for this :cry:

By 11:50am, the Dr said he would prepare me for an emergency C section, as I was stuck on 9cm's and it was causing me and my LO distress. As they were prepping me, I warned them I had to push, seriously, I had to and I couldn't stop it. The nurse screamed at me not to, said it would endanger my baby but as she was checking me, it turned out that I had just turned the full 10 [smilie=clap.gif]

She told me to do what I needed to do, wacked my legs up in leather stirrups and screamed in greek for the dr to hurray.

My son was born at 12:24pm on that tuesday afternoon. It wasn't till after I gave birth that the dr told me that my LO kept turning around in my womb, that was why I was in that much back, also that I gave birth rather quickly for a back to back.

Might not be horrific to others but to me, it scared the living cr@p outta me lol

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010 21:06 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

josephine82 wrote:
I had my 1st LO in Cyprus. They are old fashioned out there, no choice of what you want, unless you've got a lot of money.

My contractions started on a Sunday night, managed to sleep a bit. Then Monday they blew into full swing. I went into hospital around 10am, put on a monitor machine, had a check down there and was tiold I was only 1cm dialated, so they sent me home. When I got home, I was in more pain, contractions were lit mins apart, so I was taken back in at about 1pm, to be told i was 2.5cm apart. I asked for pain relief, they said I couldn't have epidural, as I was passed the 2cm mark.

I was carted into a pre-labor ward, where everyone had family around them and I was left on my own. Each time a contraction hit, I would cry and everyone gave me horrible looks. I stayed there for 2hrs and by that time, I was a complete state. They took me into another room, where I was to spent the rest of the evening and early morning, on my own. The midwife came in, only when my contractions hit, I had no one in there, I was really uncomfortable. Each time the Dr would examine me, it felt like a butchers knife was being rammed up my........... :(

By the time morning came, I was a wreck. Two nurses stripped me down naked and made me shower, washing me down, that was very degrading for me to experience. After my next examination, I was 6cm's dialated, so they decided to break my waters and assured me it would speed up the process. It did neither of that, first of all, I had to be pinned down, as the pain was excrutiating for me, it took them about 5 mins to break my waters, the contractions still stayed about 10 mins apart by this time but more painful than before. I begged the nurses to give me a C section, I couldn't take it but they told me I'd be ok. Even when I passed out from the pain, twice, all they gave me was a panadol :evil:

It wasn't till 11am, that they carted me off to the labor ward, made me walk up and down the corridoor, said it would help. Again, totally on my own for this :cry:

By 11:50am, the Dr said he would prepare me for an emergency C section, as I was stuck on 9cm's and it was causing me and my LO distress. As they were prepping me, I warned them I had to push, seriously, I had to and I couldn't stop it. The nurse screamed at me not to, said it would endanger my baby but as she was checking me, it turned out that I had just turned the full 10 [smilie=clap.gif]

She told me to do what I needed to do, wacked my legs up in leather stirrups and screamed in greek for the dr to hurray.

My son was born at 12:24pm on that tuesday afternoon. It wasn't till after I gave birth that the dr told me that my LO kept turning around in my womb, that was why I was in that much back, also that I gave birth rather quickly for a back to back.

Might not be horrific to others but to me, it scared the living cr@p outta me lol

sounded horrible hun exspecially being on your own in a different country!!! must of been so horrible for you xxx

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010 21:52 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What sort of stories - like when I told lee after a contraction that it was all over, everything is stopping now but its ok. The MW started asking what I meant, as did lee. I just said everthings gone wrong, its all stopping now then i blacked out. Erins heartbeat stopped and mine dropped dramatically. MW screamed at Lee hit the panic button and step back. The room filled and I cam round with the bed in the middle of the room, people scrubbing up etc Apparently my body had gone into shock and needed a few minutes me time!!

poor Lee thought I was a gonner. Thankfully the medical staff were amazing. I came fully around as lee was told im going to thaetre. But they didnt and I got her out myself - just!

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010 21:58 

ohh emma, i'm sorry to hear that but atleast you're here now xx

yummymummy2008 wrote:
josephine82 wrote:

sounded horrible hun exspecially being on your own in a different country!!! must of been so horrible for you xxx

It was, All the way through the pregnancy, I felt like I was being laughed at cus my husband was african. Cyprus, they can be very racist, kept saying 'you have a mavro baby', Mavro being their version of the N word :(

So glad I am home for this pregnancy x

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2010 20:10 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

josephine82 wrote:

yummymummy2008 wrote:
josephine82 wrote:

It was, All the way through the pregnancy, I felt like I was being laughed at cus my husband was african. Cyprus, they can be very racist, kept saying 'you have a mavro baby', Mavro being their version of the N word :(

some people [smilie=2guns.gif] have no right
glad your home for this pregnancy too xxxxx

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2010 20:14 
Silver Member
Silver Member

josephine82 wrote:

yummymummy2008 wrote:
josephine82 wrote:

Gosh thats awful -

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010 10:57 

Hey,

I'm due to deliver in two weeks from now. These stories has given me an idea what to expect in a worst case scenario.
Thanks a ton,
Jessie