WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WENT INTO LABOUR?Lauren
- at my Mum's, whilst cooking!Eva
- c section
HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOUR FOR?Lauren
33 after I arrived at hospital.
Eva - 0 - c section
DAY AND TIME BABY WAS BORN?Lauren
- 16.11.06 - Thursday - 9:37Eva
- 19.10.09 - Monday - 11:33
DID YOU HAVE AN EPIDURAL/GAS ETC?Lauren
- TENs machine at the beginning and then gas& air for about 30 minEva
- spinal for the c section
DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS WHILE GIVING BIRTH?Lauren
- head in awkward position, no progression for hours, episiostomy, ventouse and multiple tears. Had to have reconstructive surgery after 8 week check up. Very ouch!Eva
- straight forward c section
WHAT DID YOU FIRST THINK WHEN YOU SAW YOUR BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME?Lauren
- Wow, she's big! Then she was whipped away. I was very 'out of it' though as it was a very traumatic birth for Lauren and me. She had to have oxygen and it was a relief to hear her little cry. When I held her after all the rushing around I was in awe of her.Eva
- She is big/loud/strong/beautiful....
HOW DID YOU FEEL AFTER YOUR BABY WAS BORN?Lauren
- So happyEva
- relieved (hated the whole c section experience)
HOW LONG DID YOU STAY IN HOSPITAL FOR?Lauren
- 4 daysEva
- 2 days
WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR BABY?
Hospital for both
DID YOU LIKE THE HOSPITAL YOU STAYED AT/ WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT TO OTHER WOMEN?
No! Care during the births was excellent but was dreadful after. I couldn't wait to get home.
WHO WAS YOUR OBGYN/ WHO DELIVERED YOUR BABY?Lauren
- There were 6 people in the room and all of them were really encouraging.Eva
- A surgeon (lovely lady)
WILL YOU HAVE MORE CHILDREN/HOW MANY?
Too old now. Love my two girls, am very blessed.
WHAT AGE GAP WOULD YOU LIKE BETWEEN CHILDREN?
There is 3 years between Lauren & Eva, it works really well.
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD MUM?
I strive to be good and I enjoy being a Mum.
HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY BODY AND YOUR BODY AFTER THE BABY?
Pregnancy - looked healthy with a big bump for Lauren and a massive bump for Eva!
After Lauren I went back down to a size 12 quickly and looked good. But after Eva I am not happy with my tummy need some serious exercise!
DO YOU THINK YOU HAD A POSITIVE/NEGATIVE BIRTH EXPERIENCE/WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY?
I had a very traumatic experience when I had Lauren, I don't think I could change it though, it was just the way it worked out. I was worried about what the right option was when pregnant with Eva, in the end I went to see the consultants and just explained what happened and showed them my notes, they winced and said....defo a c section. I was really calm during Lauren's birth and never even made a sound apart from breathing, it was good as it helped me to get through it. But I was so scared when I had the section, I was ok until I had the spinal but could still feel them moving my legs etc....was scared that I would feel something! But it was fine of course. I was most happy when they placed Eva next to me and wheeled me out into recovery! LOL!