All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help lol!
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 14:59 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Right Lewis' christening is on the 15th April. So far we have his kilt, (lol its gorgeous) I need some shoes. Preferably I want patent leather with a buckle (yes I'm weird) lol I cant find any anywhere though!
Anybody by any chance spotted any?

Also need a christening shawl, cannot find mine or sis old one anywhere for love nor money! Anywhere I could get one?

We haven't hired anywhere for afterwards, straight to MILs as her house is bigger and we have about 70 people coming :? Need some ideas for food too!

Basically I need everything planned/sorted before Si comes home next wednesday haha

Help!

Post subject: Re: Need help lol!
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 16:26 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Have you tried little Gems for a Christening shawl? I know they used to sell things like that :)
As for the shoes no idea sorry, good luck finding some though :)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012 08:13 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Found shoes, only a 9 or 10 though so not sure how helpful that is
http://ww w.cachetkids.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=KES/BB05_SHOES_BLACK
Amazon have some from a size 9, put "Rsb Boys Monk Shiny Formal Black Patent Buckle Style Low Heel Shoes" in the search bar (link was too long!)
If you have no luck with buckled shoes you can always go traditional with ghillie brogues, you can get them without the leg laces for little ones

Google Christening shawls, there's a whole load will come up hun.

As for food, it depends how much you want to spend and how much time you have. Loads of places do party platters of sandwiches etc or buy a load of pre-made sandwiches and cut them in half, get the large pasta salads, coleslaw etc from Asda, Morrisons or wherever's nearest you, some quiches which can be served cold if heating them up is too much hassle along with the usual sausage rolls, cocktail sausages etc. Chicken, cold meats and a load of pre-made salad (saves faffing about!) If you want hot food get the large pasta bakes that the supermarkets do. If you have a load of kids coming hotdogs will go down a storm and are quick and easy too (be prepared for adults wanting them too :lol:)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012 09:18 

Have you tried eBay for the shoes and the shawl although it may be a little late now.
As for food, it depends on what you want to do really. As has been suggested you can use per made stuff from marks etc it is there a Costco near you? They have fab platters of food if you can find someone with a card. I wouldn't expect loads of food if I was coming, maybe some nibbles. It also depends on how long you think people are going to stay?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012 08:41 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Right maddie I got a shawl from little gems lol! So that's sorted!

As for shoes, think I've left it too late to be ordering anything online So skipping that and using the shops. Have seen a pair in next, they aren't patent leather but least I have a backup plan incase I can't get anything else so I'm relieved about that.

Food wise we have decided to make a chilli and a chicken curry and then put pizzas and other little picky bits on so that will save on buying loads of stuff. Asda will wonder what's going on when I go in on satutday lol!
Hoping Si gets off the rig in time lol! Anybody know what Scotland has planned weather wise next week? :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 07:57 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Rain, rain and yet more rain!!!
Hope all you southerners are jealous of our water!! No hosepipe ban for us....................don't need to use the damn things anyway :lol: