TheBabyWebsite Forum
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/community/

Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=23123
Page 1 of 2

Author:  VickielovesRohan [ 17 Jan 2010 19:21 ]
Post subject:  Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

My MIL quite literally really upset us today. She lives in her own little world, has no regard or respect for anyone, is dramatic and difficult.
Yesterday, Jase said to her that we were thinking of coming down to visit in two weeks time (we live over 120 miles away). She said "Are all 3 of you coming?" to which Jase replied "Yes, Why?". She said "oh, I take it that means Rohan too?". I butted in at this point and said "Yes of course Rohan is coming, why wouldnt he be?". She said "its just that Ive got a night out that weekend and I am wearing a new dress". I said "And?", and she replied "Well, I need time and space to get ready". I replied, "Are you saying that Rohan will be in the way" and she said "Well, yes, I dont want sticky fingers on my new dress". I WAS FURIOUS, and left. How DARE she treat my son like that, my beautiful little boy. Her grandson!

She then phoned Jason's sister to say that we had upset her, to which Jase sis told her she was in the wrong. Jasons sister has a little boy of her own now so she understood where we were coming from. Mother in law then started crying and acting like a child. .What do you guys thing? What would you have done?

Author:  Andrea Smith [ 17 Jan 2010 20:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

oh hun, i can see its not just me who has crap in laws, i just thank my lucky stars that my hubbie is not like the rest of them. YOur little boy will be better away from a horrible cow like her, and be with his lovely mummy and daddy instead. xxxxx thank christ we can choose our friends eh......xx [smilie=001_icon16.gif]

Author:  VickielovesRohan [ 17 Jan 2010 20:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

Andrea Smith wrote:
oh hun, i can see its not just me who has crap in laws, i just thank my lucky stars that my hubbie is not like the rest of them. YOur little boy will be better away from a horrible cow like her, and be with his lovely mummy and daddy instead. xxxxx thank christ we can choose our friends eh......xx [smilie=001_icon16.gif]

Yes Andrea, Thank God we can. I feel sorry for my hubby as it really upsets him. Thanks hon x

Author:  mummabear [ 17 Jan 2010 22:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

What a silly childish way to behave. She was lucky you didn't strangle her Vickie. How ridiculous-my god my ma would have not gone out-my MIL would have prob said same thing idiot. [smilie=2guns.gif]
Poor Rohan,wish you'd have gone and he'd have puked on her now!!!!
My out laws used to come here all dolled up for golf do's and holding the lads away with 1 arm yet still trying to talk o them,they were told,it ended in off.
They don't call as much now,and I believe that's because they thought it was convenient and perfectly acceptable to visit a child and not cuddle,kiss and make a fuss of them. Idiots.
Andrea is right,if only we could pick our family.............
Her loss Vickie,silly woman!

Author:  canarymama [ 17 Jan 2010 22:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

OMG - sounds like you are better off staying at home. She's the one missing out by not spending time with her beautiful grandson.

Author:  VickielovesRohan [ 17 Jan 2010 23:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

mummabear wrote:
What a silly childish way to behave. She was lucky you didn't strangle her Vickie. How ridiculous-my god my ma would have not gone out-my MIL would have prob said same thing idiot. [smilie=2guns.gif]
Poor Rohan,wish you'd have gone and he'd have puked on her now!!!!
My out laws used to come here all dolled up for golf do's and holding the lads away with 1 arm yet still trying to talk o them,they were told,it ended in off.
They don't call as much now,and I believe that's because they thought it was convenient and perfectly acceptable to visit a child and not cuddle,kiss and make a fuss of them. Idiots.
Andrea is right,if only we could pick our family.............
Her loss Vickie,silly woman!


Thanks hon, you are right it is her loss
Your parent in laws sound pretty annoying too. Why cant people just be nice and realise that children are the most precious thing we have? :twisted:

Author:  VickielovesRohan [ 17 Jan 2010 23:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

canarymama wrote:
OMG - sounds like you are better off staying at home. She's the one missing out by not spending time with her beautiful grandson.

You are absoutely right! :D

Author:  Jaidynsmum [ 18 Jan 2010 09:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

Oh what a warm fuzzy loving freakin' grandmother!!!!! Now if she had said you instead of Rohan, granted you would have been pigged, but fair enough, not every MIL is happy with their son's choice of wife (no offence :lol:), but to not want to see your own grandson?! FFS!!! Strike her off the Christmas crad list! She had her chance and she blew it! Rohan doesn't need her and believe me she'll be the one wondering what he's like as he gets older.
Glad your SIL gave her a few home truths too!

Author:  VickielovesRohan [ 18 Jan 2010 13:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

Jaidynsmum wrote:
Oh what a warm fuzzy loving freakin' grandmother!!!!! Now if she had said you instead of Rohan, granted you would have been pigged, but fair enough, not every MIL is happy with their son's choice of wife (no offence :lol:), but to not want to see your own grandson?! FFS!!! Strike her off the Christmas crad list! She had her chance and she blew it! Rohan doesn't need her and believe me she'll be the one wondering what he's like as he gets older.
Glad your SIL gave her a few home truths too!


She can be really hurtful at times....

Author:  mummy to be [ 18 Jan 2010 20:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it any wonder I cant stand MIL?

VickielovesRohan wrote:
Jaidynsmum wrote:
Oh what a warm fuzzy loving freakin' grandmother!!!!! Now if she had said you instead of Rohan, granted you would have been pigged, but fair enough, not every MIL is happy with their son's choice of wife (no offence :lol:), but to not want to see your own grandson?! FFS!!! Strike her off the Christmas crad list! She had her chance and she blew it! Rohan doesn't need her and believe me she'll be the one wondering what he's like as he gets older.
Glad your SIL gave her a few home truths too!


Seriously Yvonne, she is horrible, and I make no apologies for saying it. Everyone who knows her really doesnt like her. She cuts off conversations and talks over the top of you, she never asks about her grandsons, shes not interested in what her own Son has been up to, shes abrupt, rude, blah blah. If you ask anyone if they know her, they groan and say "yeah, unfortunately". BUT, the best part is, she thinks shes brilliant. Completely off the planet, and living in the dark ages. She asked me once If i knew what a DVD player was, as she had just got one........Are you seeing what I mean? :lol:




Oh dear god what is her problem!!!! She should count herself lucky to have a grandson like Rohan!!! Easier said than done love but you are best off without her if that's her attitude, she will be the one missing out xx

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/