All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 12:04 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Lewis is turning into a nightmare overnight! Seems to be worse than ever this week too.

He goes to bed around 7-7.30 and usually sleeps right through until 6.30-7 the following day. He goes to bed and sleep no problem, has his story read and his milk and is pretty much out like a light. Until about 2am that is. He comes in our room and cries that he doesn't want to be in his bedroom or his own bed. It's getting earlier and earlier that he is waking up though, on Wednesday night it was 11pm and then we couldn't get him settled back down again at all. Last night was just after 1 and then he is waking up around 5am too and that's his awake. There's no getting him back off to sleep neither. Once he's awake he's awake basically.

Anybody got any tips/ideas to try? Mammy needs her sleep lol! :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 14:58 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Nightmare Jess.
Ella was up last night about 1am, and eventually the only way we could get her back to sleep was Neil took the spare duvet and pillows and slept on the floor in the hall outside her room, she fell asleep about 3am and was back up at 6 :roll: But thinking she not well at the moment so that may have been a cause with her.
I have noticed the nights she wakes up, she wants us to take the canopy off her bed - she has the princes carriage with the canopy over the top. It seems to freak her out every so often, but then wants it back a few nights later :scratch:
Good luck, hopefully you find some answers soon
xx

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 16:40 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah probably nightmares. Maybe get a dreamcatcher and hang in his room and explain to him how it works (although i dont really believe in that stuff) or does he have a night light in his room you could maybe get something calming like a fibre optic light.

Im just giving suggestions here as i havnt really had any problems like this.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 19:32 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Thanks ladies. Will see what he is like tonight, think he will still wake up mind.

We have tried giving him a "deal" if he stays in his bed he will get a treat. He always says he doesn't like his door shut and it's always stayed open but I'm thinking he is waking up and it's too dark. Thinking either a new night light or something along the lines of that?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 08:12 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

All mine have been through this! There may be a reason like he's coming down with something or bad dreams. Have you thought it might b because daddy is away working sometimes, maybe he's checking you are still there?
Have a chat with him in the day and bring up bad dreams etc and see what he says x

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 09:02 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Starting to think that now Vicky. He was awake about 11.30 but managed to get him straight back off, then again at 5.30, Si got up and done him some warm mild and he went back off but was keep saying daddy don't go back on the rig. So now I'm thinking it's Definitley something along the lines of him being worried incase I go anywhere. Bless him.

Going to try and speak to him today and explain mammy will always be here. It's funny because when he stays out at Nannas and grandad he sleeps a full 12 hours plus lie in lol :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 19:21 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Still having no luck with the staying in your own bed! Every single night it's happening now, it's getting quite tiring through the day for me and Si because once he's in our bed it's virtually impossible to try and get him settled back into his own :(

Have tried explaining that me and daddy are going nowhere and that we will always be around but he obviously doesn't understand. Trying changing his routine about a bit starting from tonight, putting him to bed slightly later so see if that brings anything.

Wish us luck!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 08:16 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

bless him, hope you can find a way through it....
I used to have a glo worm as a child and hugging it to make it glow made me feel warm and happy so maybe a snuggle friend would help???