All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010 09:51 
Silver Member
Silver Member

OMG I've just got off the phone with them as had to call them as I was just so impressed!

We are due to travel in a few weeks and I was very surprised when the doorbell rang this morning and the postman had a package for us. I took it and saw it was from Canvas Holidays. Josh go very excited as its his birthday soon so he thought it was for him :lol: so I let him open it!

Inside were our travel documents in a huge beach bag - wow I thought as I opened he bag only to find more goodies! A backpack for josh with a beach ball, blow up skittles and a t-shirt. They have even given us a GB sticker for the car.

I'm just so impressed. The only downpoint is Harry wanted a bag too but is too young :(

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010 10:04 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Canvas are great. We love them too. Have been on holidays with them twice now. They are so efficient and their caravans are always immaculate. Fantastic company! :)

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010 11:27 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Sounds great! :D

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010 12:05 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sounds great :D

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010 21:53 
Silver Member
Silver Member

have to update you all as feel so disappointed with Canvas now we are back.

We arrived at Dunirell in Holland and checked in. The lady who showed us to the caravan seemed plesant enough but just showed us where the caravan was and left us. Once in we were disgusted at how dirty the caravan was. The floors had been swept however not washed. There was a blanket on the double bed which smelt soooo strongly of urine, it stunk out the whole bedroom so we put it straight outside. Yuck we thought not the best of starts but we thought we better get the boys unpacked!

We went in the twin room and dismantled one of the beds to put the travel cot up only find the floor was black underneath. We set up the cot and then started to make the 2nd bed up for Josh only to find the mattress was soaked and stinking of urine again! Luckily the mattress we took down to replace with the travel cot was fine so we used that!

We also had ordered a high chair for Harry which want there so I asked a rep and to be fair he brought one round instantly however it like everything else was disgustingly dirty (it looked like it had been stored outside all year!) so we didn't use it.

All curtains were covered in mold and getting the fire to work was an art itself.

Its such a shame to say this after the fab customer service we recd pre-holiday but I wouldnt use canvas again unless they do a serious upgrade on the caravans.

On the up side Dunirell was fantastic. Both my boys love it (although they couldnt go on the majority of the rides!) and the water park was amazing too. Both were kept lovely and clean. I would say its worth a visit with older kids.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010 23:23 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Oh what a shame after the customer service was so good :( The state of the caravan sounds awful, are you going to put a complaint in? x

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010 10:12 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That sounds awful Susan. If it had been me, I'd have asked to be moved to another caravan I think. You really should make a formal complaint as that sort of thing shouldn't happen! Let us know what happens.

Not to rub salt in the wounds but we had a lovely time when we went there as you can see here... :?

Our Canvas Holiday in Holland

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010 21:13 
Silver Member
Silver Member

KathrynC wrote:
That sounds awful Susan. If it had been me, I'd have asked to be moved to another caravan I think. You really should make a formal complaint as that sort of thing shouldn't happen! Let us know what happens.

Not to rub salt in the wounds but we had a lovely time when we went there as you can see here... :?

Our Canvas Holiday in Holland

I think if the accomodation was better we would have had as good a holiday as you did. The theme park and water park were amazing and I felt more let down with Canvas :(

I wasnt sure whether to complain or not as not sure where we would stand as it was the comp that Si won so infact it was a free holiday (except for spending money and buying the boys passports!!!) But think I will now as I think they need to know in order to improve!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010 22:21 
Gold Member
Gold Member

canarymama wrote:
I think if the accomodation was better we would have had as good a holiday as you did. The theme park and water park were amazing and I felt more let down with Canvas :(

I wasnt sure whether to complain or not as not sure where we would stand as it was the comp that Si won so infact it was a free holiday (except for spending money and buying the boys passports!!!) But think I will now as I think they need to know in order to improve!

Regardless of a free holiday or not that caravan was paid for. You may have not paid for it yourselves, but, they as a company should have higher standards and not treat people like they are dirt. If you were just a couple using those facilities it is bad enough, but when there are kids involved it's just unacceptable. I'm surprised that you didn't be asked to be moved to another caravan in the first instance and take photos. I would absolutely complain.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010 23:08 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think the main reason we didn't move was mainly because the rep was having a blazing row with the caravan next to us, and we kind of thought we may get the same reaction!!! It crossed my mind asking to be moved, especially when we couldnt get the fire to work but we had cleaned up, the boys were settled and we were unpacked. Plus we were in a good location, close to the park & swimming pool and the ducks came to visit us twice a day which the boys loved as we backed onto the stream!