All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please DO NOT use this forum or its Private Messaging facility to contact the Products Team. You will not get a reply.
If you need to contact the team for any reason please go to The Products FAQ Page

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012 08:48 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We'd love you to tell us here some products you really love and can recommend & products you'd never buy again.
If you've done a review on TheBabyWebsite then link to it as well in your post.

We are planning on doing a Blog with your comments in so it would be brilliant if you could help us out.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012 08:51 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bravissimo I love, love, love Bravissimo. They always measure you so accurately and it's a Godsend for anyone with bigger boobs than average. The service is always brilliant and even though they're more expensive than many other places, the quality is good too - and it's worth it anyway to get bras that actually fit!!!

http://www.thebabywebsite.com/review.Bravissimo.htm

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012 14:40 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

First on off top of my head - will no doubt think of others.
Kiddicare
I love this website. It has fast reliable delivery. The prices are comaparable with other shops online and locally. I ordered car seats for the twins, and got an email apologising for the delay in sending them out to me. I ordered 28th December (not needing them till much much later) and after the apologetic email the car seats arrived on 31st December along with complementary windowshades for the car (3 full sets I should add), to compensate for the delay. I have since ordered more from them, including recently ordering my new pram. My other one was not staying upright correctly. I ordered it very late on the Friday night, and by Tuesday lunchtime it had arrived - even over a bank holiday weekend.
Even better they give you an hour's time slot in which your item will arrive - and unlike many other companies actually stick to it :)
xx

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012 14:50 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

just to even things up, will add one not so positive also
Mothercare
I really despise this shop. Since Early Learning Centre in East Kilbride shut down, we are left with a large Mothercare Store.
I find the staff completely unhelpful in every way possible in Mothercare. I went in before Christmas looking for white tights and sparkly shoes for the 3 girls. The "helpful" staff member nastily told me I should buy all Christmas party outfits in August when it comes into store. Despite the fact the twins were still wearing 0-3 months clothing at that point, and were for their party wearing 9-12 months, and Ella was wearing a size 5 shoe in August and had grown to a 7.5 by Christmas.
Also the staff from Mothercare know nothing about the ELC merchandise, and have no intention of learning. Even buying baby essentials from the shop is a traumatic experience. I find the staff to be fairly rude, pushy, and not very well informed about their stock.
Also for being a baby shop, the aisles are often not big enough for a single pram, far less attempting to maneouvre a double through the shop. And the toilet facilities are a nightmare. For me to take Ella to the toilet, I often have to abandon the twins in their pram either at the far end of the shop, or struggle through the doors leading to the toilet, only to leave them blocking the entire corridor, and the door to the toilet that Ella is in wide open, so I can watch all 3. Not very private for teaching Ella about going to the toilet and not letting everyone watch!!! And as the doors are so narrow, I usually have broken my pram on the way into the toilet area, and then again on the way back out.
Finally I find the prices in the store very expensive. The quality of clothing is quite poor and doesn't wash too well. Which lets be honest is a must for baby clothing.
All in all not a very pleasant experience shopping in Mothercare :(
xx

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012 18:14 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Marley and Me: The Puppy Years Louis and i loved this dvd and still watch it now.http://www.thebabywebsite.com/review.Ma ... _Years.htm

StoryBox - educational magazine . Good magazine but Louis lost interest after a while

Halo Detergent A fab detergent especially when Louis had the tummy bug got rid of all the germs and bugs and awful smells
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/review.Ha ... y_Soft.htm
Happy Hopperz This was a fab toy as Louis was having physio at the time and this helped so much when we finished with it we gave it to Louis' nursery

Brolly Sheets Fab product for when training to be dry at night.Still use these for when someone is ill easy to remove and easy to wash and dry.

3rd & Bird Loved sam so much and when Louis finished with it we gave it to another mom on here.http://www.thebabywebsite.com/review.3rd_*_Bird.htm

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012 17:09 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

picturecase.co.uk

we were very fortunate to be choosen to review the cuties and pals luggage set and i absolutely love love love it. Even 2 years on we are still enjoying the set for holidays and short breaks. It always get some strange stares and looks of envy from other parents and kids. They are very very hard wearing and seriously deceiving in size. Anyway heres the reviews......we have the owl set and im still trying to save for the adult cases. They are expensive but i would and will defo buy again
http://www.thebabywebsite.com/review.Cu ... uggage.htm

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012 18:10 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Agree on the Mothercare.
We bought a so called safety gate from Mothercare. That's the most unsafe gate I can think of, it is so easy to open for a determined tot. My guy just sits on the floor, put his feet under the lower plank, hits the gate, and it clicks open. We have adjusted it so many times, but it is totally useless. We might as well keep it open.
So much for the safety gate.

My advice: buy your safety gates elsewhere, a waste of money.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012 09:46 

tinyeco.co.uk
They do bandana bibs which are fab and they are very quick with delivery. The colours available are fab and it cost me £13 for 5with delivery.
They wash really well and come in 2sizes. They attempt to prevent dribble rash and look very funky at the same time.
They also do tag toys and cloth nappies but not tried either of these.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012 12:18 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

What Fi said!! Praise Kiddicare to the hilt and diss Mothercare with a vengeance :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 13:35 

www.peekabooshop.co.uk
I fell in love with blankets absolutely i bought one for my baby and now i dont know which one choose for my sister ( she has a baby girl!) maybe sombady help me!!!!! [smilie=clap.gif]