All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012 12:53 

Hey ladies,

Last week we went to Haven in Doniford Bay. We have an amazing 5 days and have booked already to go back next year for the week with the 2girls. It is in Somerset so not too far away from us at all, I think it took about 1 1/2 hours for us tp get there from Pontypridd.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, the caravan park was small enough that Peg could go off by herself in the clubhouse and know where we were. there were 6 funstars who wroked damn hard the whole 5 days. The entertainment was no different to what I have experienced abroad. We got Peg dressed up every night and she loved it, she keeps asking when she is going to go to another party lol.

We stayed in a Deluxe Caravan. It had a double room, twin room and then room for 2 others in the living room. We also managed to get the travel cot in our bedroom which was really helpful as it was going off quite cold in the nights so we were able to keep the heating on in the bedroom for Libby. There were all your basic this post is spam utensils, we managed to cook breakfast and dinner every day. Lunch we tended to come back and do or have a sandwich in the clubhouse. It was all clean and the shower wasn't brill but what do you expect from a caravan?

The entertainment was very amusing and I loved the dances :-) The Funstars were fab all week and they all knew Pegs name off by heart by the end of the week. The swimming pool was fab, Peg had lesson for 3days and can now successfully swim with a woggle :-) Def going to put her on them again next year I think. The swimming pool was a little cool for Libby but we did go in.

Everything was clean :-)

I am going to look at another break for us at maybe a bigger Haven later on in the year as it was fab for me Dan and the girls to just chill out together and not have to worry about anything.

So I would say that anyone who doesn't mind packing their waterproofs and summer clothes together to get on a caravan holiday in the UK.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 09:11 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

Sounds fantastic :D

Glad you enjoyed your holiday too!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 16:45 
Forum Team Member
Forum Team Member

We're Haven old hands here, we've been to 10 of their parks, we were back at Hafan-y-Mor this year and next year we're going back to Thorpe Park. The kids love it, yes even the 16 year old!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 20:11 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Jaidynsmum wrote:
We're Haven old hands here, we've been to 10 of their parks, we were back at Hafan-y-Mor this year and next year we're going back to Thorpe Park. The kids love it, yes even the 16 year old!

we went to thorpe park in Cleethorps and had an amazing time! I do love the haven parks for the kids :)