During pregnancy you are spending money on decorating the nursery or buying a pram, then when the baby arrives there are clothes, toys and nappies, and the costs keep mounting as your child gets older. So why not try and make things a little easier and enter some competitions to win some of the things you will need.
At Competition Hunter, their members are constantly listing new competitions that are perfect for pregnant women or families with a new born (you can find them all in the Mother and Baby competitions section).
One of the easiest ways to win a competition is to use your baby’s face! You know your baby is cute so now is the time to show the rest of the world, and enter photo competitions. These are competitions people tend to avoid as they think they are too complicated or fussy to enter, but really they can be simple.
Here are some general tips for taking winning photos.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on an expensive camera – even mobile phones have decent digital cameras nowadays.
- Get down to your babies level – you want the whole of your babies face so try and get eye contact.
- Try and get some emotion from your baby, there is nothing cuter than a laughing baby.
- Use natural light; even if you are indoors avoid using your flash, as they can wash out your child’s face.
- Don’t make the shoot too complicated; avoid a fussy background or too many props. The focus should be all about your baby.
- Try to avoid shoots including other people, as we mentioned it should be all about your baby.
Remember to have fun; even if you don’t win you will have some great photos of your baby.